Each year, the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council offers scholarships to eligible credit union staff. The Member Resources Committee will award recipients based on specific scholarship criteria.
Scholarships can be applied to the following programs:
- CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Annual Conference –
March 15-18, 2020 in Orlando, FL
Applications and supporting documents must be received by February 7, 2020
- CUNA Digital Marketing School – June 1-4, 2020 in Seattle, WA
Applications and supporting documents must be received by March 20, 2020
- CUNA Marketing & Business Development Certification Schools –
October 5-8, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV
CUNA Marketing Management School and the Business Development track from CUNA FUSE are being combined into this new certification school.
Applications and supporting documents must be received by July 17, 2020
Each award will be for up to $2,500 and can go toward conference registration, hotel and airfare expenses. Any fees or expenses that exceed the awarded amounts are the responsibility of the recipient and/or their credit union. Scholarship recipients for the conference must stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
To be considered as a potential scholarship recipient, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council. If you are currently not a member, part of the scholarship award will go toward the recipient's first year dues for Council membership.
- Be a full-time employee of an affiliated credit union who has primary responsibility for the credit union's marketing or business development function; or if working in a marketing department that includes more than one person, be a full-time marketing or business development professional.
- Be able to demonstrate a financial need.
- One scholarship per credit union per year.
- Be willing and able to take an active role in the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council and the conference, including:
- Recruit at least one new marketing or business development professional for membership in the Council:
- Serve on at least one CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council subcommittee, and
- Help with conference registration, assist a speaker, or make a similar contribution during the Conference (conference scholarship recipients only.)
How to Enter
The application form must be completed and submitted online. The steps below outline exactly how to enter.
- Register an Account
- Create Your Application
- Upload Digital Files
- Submit Application
LOGIN – to begin entry process
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- A copy of your credit union's two-page NCUA Financial Performance Report, including both the financial summary page and the ratio analysis. Below are the instructions to access the NCUA Financial Performance Report summary page and ratio analysis.
- Go to https://mapping.ncua.gov/ResearchCreditUnion.aspx.
- Enter your Credit Union Charter Number (or Name) and click "Find" and then "View."
- A new window will open showing your General Credit Union Information, then on the left click "Request FPR."
- A new window will open titled "Financial Performance Report," choose the option "I want to view a 2-page FPR summary for one credit union online", then click OK.
- Two reports will be available; "Financial Summary" and "Ratio Analysis." Please submit both reports with your scholarship entry.
- A 500 (maximum)-word essay demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the marketing or business development profession. The essay must also express marketing's role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward the achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your marketing or business development goals.
- An executive summary (professional resume) detailing your work experience, education (including formal and specialized), extracurricular activities (e.g., committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry).
- Professional references – provide at least two letters of recommendation.
- A reference letter from the applicant's CEO attesting to the need for financial aid and the qualifications of the applicant.
If you have questions about the entry process such as your login credentials, please contact CUNA Councils at 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royce Ngiam, Chair, Member Resources Committee